Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another Week, Another Gain.

So, I gained this week. A small one, but a gain nonetheless.

I'm making peace with the fact that this is just where I am right now. If I could give more, I would be. It's been a really rough couple of months. That sounds like a big fat excuse, but honestly there are a lot of factors working against me, so the fact that I've made it through 4 weeks with less than 5lbs packed on is pretty amazing to me. I feel good about that.

I'm extremely happy to report that the Bikram Yoga class was a huge hit. I adored it, I'll be going back for sure. It is the PERFECT addition to my routine for an active rest day. I loved the instructor and the class time complemented my schedule. I'm going to buy a 5 pack of classes and go every Wednesday (when I get back from Arizona).

In Arizona news, I just found out last night that Sedona is apparently the spiritual vortex of North America. I feel stupid for not knowing that and planning a trip there. Also, apparently everyone else in the known universe knew that... but I didn't even know Sedona existed until someone suggested we go there... so. I guess I'm just not up on my vortex news. I probably never will be.

In other other non-vortex news, I was really hard on myself all day yesterday (aside from dealing with stress by yoga). The Yoga seemed to detox me and recenter me (I never believed that before) and I handled my gain at the meeting pretty well. I didn't get too upset over it, I mean... .6? Come on. But once I got home - tired- run down from the week - a stack of paperwork waiting for me.. I rebelled. I started making the popcorn brittle I needed to bring to the Holiday Party at work today, then I started thinking about work, then I started mindless eating dark chocolate chips until I felt like I was going to throw up.

I'm in a funk.

I'm not waiting until I get to Arizona, but I know this trip will be a giant propellant for me. Having structured meals, getting lots of outdoor exercise - it will renew my injured soul/confidence/etc.

The popcorn brittle, by the way, did not turn out well when I worked with the Cooking Light recipe, but when I tweaked it and made it my own by adding Dark Chocolate Chips and coarse sea salt - it was amazing.

I will post the recipe tonight.

Did you try any new holiday themed desserts this year? Were they everything you expected them to be?

No comments: