Monday, November 30, 2009

NON-Food Rewards.

"They" always say it's so important to reward yourself in your weight loss efforts. Setting mini-goals and treating yourself when you reach them actually has helped me in my journey. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite NON-Food rewards to spark some ideas and motivation.

Philosophy Bubble Bath in Chocolate Chip Cookies

Have you ever said you love something so much you want to "bathe in it?" Well, you can. Philosophy bubble bath/body wash/shampoos are so delicious smelling, and they come in ridiculous flavors like Vanilla Birthday Cake or Strawberry Milkshake. This particular flavor has really helped me to feel indulged and relaxed at the end of a stressful day when I know I'm not hungry but rather just need to feel relaxed. I skip the actual cookies (most of the time) and sit in a tub full of chocolaty bubbles. Heaven.

Eyebrow Wax and Shape

This pops up on my reward list often, possibly because I am part Italian Werewolf. In the same vane that getting a mani or a pedi makes some women feel sexy and pampered, getting my facial hair ripped off with a bunch of wax makes me feel womanly. It also helps that if I set this reward for a mini-goal that's been difficult for me to reach, the shame of unruly eyebrows usually makes me work just a little bit harder to get there.

Moving Comfort's "Fiona" Sports Bra

This is hands-down the best sports bra I have ever worn. The link above is a super secret website where you can get them for 1/2 the normal price they retail. They're adjustable in the straps, have a bra-like closure in the rear (no sweaty sticky bra going over the head here) and they actually prevent bounce. I'm serious. I box in these, run in them, jump rope.... every high impact sport and they just... stay where they're supposed to. I highly recommend them, especially because they come in cute colors. This is one of my next rewards because I haven't replaced them since I moved down a band size and it's starting to get uncomfortable.

And sometimes, you have to reward yourself just for not quitting. Just for hanging in there. Just for continuing to try even when you're gaining or falling off the wagon every 3 hours. Maybe a reward is exactly what you need to get back on track.

For me, rewarding myself is all about reminding myself that I AM WORTH THIS. That I am losing weight and getting fit so that I can accomplish all the things in my life that I want to tackle and that I am worth it. I'm doing it for me.

So, my very next reward, whether I hit a weight goal or not is that trip to Sedona, AZ with my honey.


We are going to hike, hike and hike some more. We literally have no other plans except to walk for days. I found a great place on VRBO.com so we will have a full kitchen and the ability to make our own breakfasts and lunches and treat ourselves to dinners out.

I literally can't wait.

What's your next reward?

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh vey... i have none!! i've been buying clothes here and there... thats enough for me now!!

The Arizona trip sounds like a great getaway though! Have fun!

totegirl said...

Sweet heavenly reward! Well, AZ that is. The ripping off of the face? Not so much a reward to me as a necessity! I just got waxed on Friday. But my next reward? I'll have to think about that one...

Keep up the freakin' awesome work, sista!

Tiffany said...

Az sounds awesome :) And, THANK YOU for the link to the sports bras....I just went there and bought one (I'm in desperate need and it's a must for a bustier girl). My last one cost me $68 (*Ahhh*) and now it doesn't fit! I think a pedi will be my next reward and a massage or a facial when I hit goal. Great things to look forward to!

Sonya said...

THANK you so much for that link! I am still nursing the babe, so my torpedoes need a little bit of suppression when I'm at the gym. My current sports bra ain't cutting it.

Oh, and that bubble bath looks SO heavenly.

As for waxing: you're a brave soul for holding out until you reach your mini-goal. I couldn't stand my Sasquatch-esque face any longer this past weekend, and had to get it all ripped off.

AZ will be awesome.

antgirl said...

Very nice. I usually reward myself with highlights. Love 'em!

I just bought new bras this weekend [on sale for ridiculously reasonable] as I had gone in a band size, too. I bought some sexy knickers to go with. :)

Sedona sounds wonderful. I'd like to plan a trip to Florida next year.

Jessitracker said...

AZ is so pretty, you're going to love it!

takinitoff said...

awesome blog!! great ideas! i'm ordering that bra, now! i've been wondering how you find a good one! thanks nic!! -adrienne

What a Splurge said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed your comment. I've never been to Sedona but I hear it's paradise. A very worthy goal!