Tuesday, November 17, 2009

No Mo' Potato: On to(t) the Goals!

Just in case you missed my moment of sheer insanity this morning where I made up a ridiculous weight loss challenge on the spot called No Mo' Potato, just look here to get filled in.


As promised, weekly I will be setting Tater TOTS, little goals to get me through the week. TOTS stands for Tasks of Total Steadfastness and Tater stands for nothing.


Wednesday marks the beginning of a new Weight Loss Week for me because it is the day my Weight Watcher's week turns over, I have a clean calorie/point slate and that fresh start is exactly what I need to begin this challenge.



This Week's Tater TOTS


  • Treat 21 points as 21 points. Do not debt yourself more than 1/2 the Activity Points you earned each day, save for Thursday, which is your 800th anniversary with Justin and you're allowed 10 extras. Permission granted. [for 10, only. I'm serious. Just 10.] Also, track everything.
  • Sweat it out 6 days a week. REALLY sweat. Repeat your mantra "It's only 2 minutes." [it is my theory that no one move in any routine or class goes on for more than 2 minutes. I can totally do something for 2 minutes, regardless of how long 2 minutes can feel, and regardless of how many increments of 2 minutes make up 60.]

  • FUEL not FEED. This little saying, fuel not feed, works for me when I think of feed as a noun rather than a verb, because that's gross. I'm not a pig.

  • Reflect and journal each night after dessert. This accomplishes two things: 1) To give myself enough time to decide not to have the 2nd dessert I always want after having dessert and 2) allows me to give myself the credit I deserve for the things I did well, all day, thus ending my night on a positive note and building my confidence that all of this is possible to continue again the next day.

I also decided that maybe this should be a real challenge. Just because I don't know HOW to run a challenge doesn't mean I can't figure it out. If you want to participate, here's your badge of honor.





[pull this picture and link to this post]



The only rules of the challenge, as far as I can see, is that you must SET A GOAL. It does not have to be weight related, but it should be something that has been EXTREMELY difficult for you to achieve. For me, the last 7.2lbs I have been chasing for more than 8 months. Don't take the easy way out, I'm really pushing and you have to too. Maybe you walk for exercise but dream of running a 5k? Or perhaps you're scared of the weight room but want to see some sculpted bi and tricepts? Additionally, you'll have to update us on your TOTS each week in your blog. Initially, you'll set them, and then each week you'll revisit your progress as well as set new TOTS for the week ahead.



Whomever reaches their impossible goal on or by December 31st, 2009 will WIN A PRIZE!



Notice, that's not "whomever reaches their impossible goal FIRST..." anyone who participates in this challenge and meets their goal will win something. I'm not promising the stars, just in case suddenly this catches like wildfire and 900 people join the challenge, but I promise something of substance, because I would be embarrassed to send it to you otherwise, and because I have good taste. [P.S. if you just complete the above tasks for the entirety of 6 weeks, you're a winner. After all, "Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that truly counts." w. churchill]



So let's get crack-a-lackin!

2 comments:

Bare It All said...

Love it! I don't have time for a challenge right now, other than to work out, blog, and eat well. But I fully support your TOTs. So funny....and they are very good goals. Keep it up!

antgirl said...

Love that you're keeping at it.

My goal is to get one 'yes'. And maybe to get back to strength training. Depends on the stupid arm.