Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Crazy Carrot Cereal (or, do you like oatmeal?)

This morning I'm eating baby food.

At the grocery store yesterday, inspired by Katrina at Gluten Free Gidget whom I found through Peanut Butter and Jenny I picked up some sweet carrots mash.

You see, I eat oatmeal every day. It's cold here in Minnesota and I get up really early so I need something delicious, hot and fast to match up with my morning coffee. I try to switch up my oats every few days. Sometimes I make a big batch of steel cut oats and eat my breakfast from the fridge like a brownie, drizzled in honey. Other mornings I'm prone to instant oatmeal from Quaker. I dig the Lower Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar as well as their Simple Harvest Honey Almond and Vanilla varieties.

This morning, that little jar of carrot baby food which clocks in at 0 points, is swimming with my Maple and Brown Sugar oats and Katrina is right, with a dash of ginger and a dash of nutmeg, this kind of tastes like carrot cake. Enough for breakfast anyway.

It's also really hilariously orange.

You should try it.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

hilarious!

i just may!

Sonya said...

So funny!

Oh, and fantastic suggestion re: having a cooking "party" with a girlfriend, where she looks after the little ones. I am going to try that, thank you!

totegirl said...

When you put it like that, I totally want to try it!!!! YUM!

totegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

I do something pretty similar with my oatmeal.

Add 1/2 c. of old-fashioned oats to 1 c. of boiling water.
Cook on medium for about 5 minutes.
Add 1/c canned pumpkin, 1 t. of pumpkin spice, 1 t. honey and 1 T. of flax meal.

It's three points and really awesome!

Tricia said...

I've been looking for ways to jazz up my oatmeal. Thanks for the suggestion!