Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chasing Down the Wagon.

Remember how I said I fell completely off the wagon on Saturday? I did get back on track for Sunday, but somehow... took a little push/nudge/winkwink and slipped off again somewhere around Monday night and continued until last night, when I fell asleep from sugar-induced coma.

Because I already had no points to play with, I ended the week 17 points in the red.

I'm not expecting good results at Weigh-In tonight, and I'll be honest when I say that I'm debating whether to weigh in at all. I have this internal struggle almost every week I've done anything unplanned. I freak out about my HUGE IMPENDING GAIN, talk to Jessica all day about how I can't believe this happened, I'm not going to go to my meeting, I can't step on the scale, blah blah, and then always end up at the meeting, weighing in, and being fine with it.

Learning Week vs Losing Week, right?

I know what I did wrong, obvs. Maybe don't eat 60 points in one day like I did on Saturday? Also maybe don't continue to eat like that after you've tallied it up and said you wouldn't.

The real lesson I did learn though, the difference between when I am successful losing vs not losing is that I need to treat my points as a limit, and not like a speed limit where it's treated as a general guideline.. I need to think of it as having 21 bucks in my wallet and no credit cards or ability to get more money, except maybe in this analogy fitness is like hooking and I can earn 5-10 more bucks with a quickie.

What can I get with this 21 bucks?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh my god nic...

that was some...

from me... probably much!

Zanna, travelling tart said...

Love that analogy - have this vision of ww's queued up waiting to turn a trick to get a few points back! Good luck with the WI. Z xx

Joanna said...

It sounds like my week was not so different from yours. I also went double digits over my points value this week, but today is Wednesday and I am starting over and that feels really exciting. I can't make it tonight but have a great meeting. I went to one this morning and you were right...it kind of sucked.

antgirl said...

It's a good way to think about it. You keep getting up and fighting again. That's a good thing ... a positive.

Sonya said...

i laughed so hard, i spit out my water!

here's to turning the rest of the weekend around. you and me both.:-)