Thursday, November 12, 2009

301.

Last night's meeting was on the topic of Holiday Traditions. Sort of. In our meeting we never spend much time on the actual topic. Our meeting is very tailored toward celebrating, sharing, and asking for help.

This year, my "new" tradition is running a 10k the morning of Thanksgiving. Last year, we wanted to run a family 5k, but I backed out. I still hadn't caught the running bug, and I was being silly because I could not run the entire 3.2 miles at once. I needed to stop to walk, and I was embarrassed about that.

Well kids, I absolutely can not run these 6 miles without stopping to walk (a few times!) but I'm going to make the leap anyway. If I'm the last to cross the finish line, so be it. I'm stepping up to a new challenge, and I will be proud and thankful.

...and get another running jersey.

How are you going to challenge your traditions this Thanksgiving?

5 comments:

jen said...

I'm not a fan of the crew that runs our local turkey trot, but I will get out for a run one way or another so I can have a slice of pie without guilt.

Rebecca said...

I'm walking our Turkey Trot this year and then off to the in-laws for dinner.

nothing all tooo special!

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

I'm challenging myself to finish that third plate of food... nah, I'm just shooting to be smart and sensible, which would start a whole new Thanksgiving tradition for me.

Good for you on the run. Outstanding!

Jessitracker said...

My tradition will be running with you at the Drumstick Dash 10k! :D

Heidi said...

You're going to rock that 10k!

Our thanksgiving tradition is to get up early and start the turkey, then head out for an all-morning hike.