Monday, October 19, 2009

Positive Outlook.

I've been extremely motivated and determined these last few weeks. I think a lot of that, and I'm sure you're sick of hearing it by now, is because of the Beck Diet Solution. This book has helped me in so many ways. I feel equipped, I feel like I literally have all the tools and mechanisms in ways that work for me.

I've also been nixing negative talk, or at the very least trying to catch myself when the thoughts creep in and try to figure out how to turn it around. I've been laughing more, which is actually hard to believe because I already laugh so often, and there's just a general feeling of lightness. Not physically, but that life isn't so serious - because it's not. Sure, I've got problems, but when I look back 50 years from now on this time in my life, do I want to remember the problems and how horrible they were or how happily and triumphantly I conquered them with creativity and pride?

That could be about anything; finances, job situations, relationships, etc. Everything can be fixed.

And it was a stroke of coincidence that I stumbled across this little video on Mish's blog the Eating Journey, and I think it's important. We don't realize how much our negative comments, whether about ourselves or others impact women as a whole. Men too! Self esteem in general, and I think it takes a certain age or experience of really knowing yourself to realize how much self-esteem really drives your life. It makes it easier, or it makes it exceedingly difficult.

Anyhow, watch this.



It's part of End Fat Talk Week. I didn't know such a week existed, but I'm glad it does.

How will you spin these kinds of thoughts into positive ones?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOSH...

how eery... I just posted something similar with as how much more calm I am about the whole losing weight thing...

weird... i still need to check that book out!

totegirl said...

I can't watch videos here at work. :(

BUT! Yay for a great post! In my divorce nightmare last year, I learned that it's not what happens to you, but how you deal with it, that is the truly important test. So I made it my life's goal to be thankful for all the "challenges" that I have, such as the last 5 pounds! Haha!

Rapunzel said...

love this, am going to share it with one of my best friends who is constantly doing that negative "fat talk!"