Friday, October 16, 2009

Bloggity Blog Blog.

I am so bad at commenting on people's blogs. I WANT to, but I always read the comments and everyone else has sad what I want to say. I don't want to be the person at the town meeting who stands up and repeats everyone else just so they can hear the sound of their own voice...

But then I realized, it doesn't really matter. There is strength in numbers, so even if I have something stupid and repetitive to say, I'm still showing that blogger support. Showing him or her that I'm here, I'm reading, and I might have even paid a little bit of attention.

Commenting on some of the blogs I've been reading for more than a year, I found a bunch of new blogs to follow. This is exciting and overwhelming to me, but I am a sponge for tips and tricks and I'm determined to suck as much knowledge from all of you as possible. I might even provide some knowledge, it sounds like, and so I thank my new friend starfish264 at Losing a Little Bit of Me for giving me a shout!

Additionally, Rebecca at Durch Dick und Duenn offered me this little challenge/award thingee. No one has ever tried to give me one of these, so I don't actually know what to do with it. Therefore, I read the instructions and I follow the rules. Here goes....





Rules

  1. Thank the person who nominated me. [Thanks Rebecca]
  2. Copy the award and place it on my blog.
  3. Link to the person who nominated me.
  4. Name 6 things people might find interesting.
  5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
  6. Post links to the bloggers I nominate.
1. I drink about 2 whole pots of coffee per day on average. I have no idea why, and in fact I didn't even like coffee until I was about 20 years old - hanging out in restaurants and coffeeshops and everyone else was drinking it. At first I thought it tasted like chalk, but now I kind of love it.

2. I learned to drive in a flaming red Camero. My driving instructor, Bart, taught me in his 100% Chick-Magnet-Mobile. If it weren't for the "Bart's Driving School" emblem on the side, I'm pretty sure he would be picked up for statutory rape charges pretty often for having 15 year old girls in his car.

3. I'm terrified of being "skinny." All I've really ever known was being the "funny fat girl." It's my personality! It's who I am, just without the fat part anymore, but I always forget that. I get myself in trouble these days for talking about my "fat," which will forever be a phantom limb, like when people still itch arms they don't have.

4. I sing songs to my dog based on top 40s hits. This week my dog is apparently "wearing short skirts" while I "wear t-shirts" and is a "cheer captain" while I'm "on the bleachers." I don't actually know who sings that song.. which leads me to number 5...

5. I am a lyric machine. If I hear a song once, it's almost guaranteed I will remember the words for life. My dad has been trying for years to figure out how to get me on that show "Don't Forget The Lyrics." (is that even still on?) I would probably win a million dollars and never blog again.

6. I think Ranch Dressing smells like vomit, which basically makes me an outcast in the state of Minnesota where people bathe in Ranch Dressing and put it on every single thing that goes in their mouth. Literally, there are bottles of Ranch Dressing in the toothpaste aisle. Ok, not literally, but maybe there should be. RANCH DRESSING IS GROSS PEOPLE.


So... I invite/nominate/subject...

The ladies of See Glam Diet and 100in12 who remain unnamed because they choose not to have them.
Doug at Beer and Cheese
GoBucksGirl13 at Candy's Losin' It
Priscilla at Lil' Miss Hungry
and of course, my good friend who might need a nudge to participate, Jessica at When's the Last Time You Did Something For the First Time?

GET TO IT KIDS!

4 comments:

Zanna, travelling tart said...

Hi Nic, wandered across from Starfish's place. I'm no psychologist - just a mum and granny - but I'd hazard a guess that No. 3 is why you're struggling so hard to lose the last twenty. It's probably got nothing to do with eating or exercise and everything to do with what's in your head. Funnily enough I was reading this blog http://i-will-be-skinny.blogspot.com yesterday and she made that discovery too. Wishing you all the best in your quest - and I'll be back! Z xx

Bare It All said...

Oh, make those comments. We all love to hear them, even if it's the 51st message of "you look so great!". :) Ah the self-asorbedness (word?) of blogworld.

100in12 said...

aw! hey thanks! i love your blog.

takinitoff said...

i totally read and don't comment and you're totally right about strength in numbers! that's a good reminder to start commenting..thanks!

as for #5 - taylor swift, baby :) "You Belong with Me"