Sunday, September 13, 2009

Deciding Against.

I've decided I shouldn't share the whole contents of the Beck Diet Solution with all of you. For one thing, I don't want to get sued. I'm sure Dr. Judith Beck has a wonderful team of lawyers. Secondly, this book is really speaking to me so much that I'd like you to go out and get it. If you are struggling to stay on track, or never really were on track to begin with, if you're just interested in dieting and that's why you read this blog... just order the book. Failing that, check it out from the library.

Even though I am practicing my BDS tools, I'm still struggling, but that was to be expected. Rome wasn't built (or rebuilt) in a day, and I just need to exercise patience with myself and give credit where credit is due.

I through a baby shower for one of my best friends yesterday. I spent most of the week obsessing about the details and running all over the city to make sure everything was perfect. It was, of course, and everyone had a great time, but I neglected to exercise more than 2 times last week. Because I've signed up for that 5k which is two weeks from today, I really need to get back on track with my "training runs" and get my distance and speed where I need them to be for the race.

I realized also, last night, that I had been mindless munching yesterday as I was hostessing. Not much, mind you, just a grab here and a grab there. I was trying so hard to please everyone that I never officially ate lunch or dinner, yet never got hungry. I did accidentally eat about 5 rattle cake pops, which is equivalent to about one cupcake. I didn't track the day, but I did track the dinner and dessert I decided to have right before bed. I felt as if I needed "real" food.

I feel like I'm in a good place this morning. My tracker is sitting right next to me, I'm starting the day out with oatmeal that soaked in yogurt all night and I packed a snack. My training run today is at Hyland Park in Bloomington, which is trail that has some ups and downs. My neighborhood is very flat, so I don't want to "train" there.

Today I am concentrating on: reading my ARC, sitting down before I eat anything, writing it down immediately and completing my 2.5 mile run.

3 comments:

The Black Kitteh said...

I ordered it last week..... should be here Monday.... Just in the nick of time.... Next month will be 1 year o WW. I am still below goal, but I must confess that this last month has been the absolute hardest! I'm hoping the book will re-ignite me!

fattygetsfit said...

that book sounds interesting, will have to check it out.

Del said...

oooo I like that... sit down before eating, great idea!!!