Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.


I'm crabby, tired and sore. I've come here to spill this so that I might possibly have some excuse to turn the day around. How can a day possibly be ruined before 6:00am?


Yesterday was a fantastic day for motivation. I was able to meet up with my friend Kelly for our weekly check-in and go over the run down of the long holiday weekend. Sadly, the rest of my day was completely consumed by Flex Appeal.


I went to my cleaning shift there at 1:30pm, finished up around 3:45pm, did some extra work around the studios because I noticed it and was pretty positive no one else was going to handle it and then took off for a river run before the new "Femme Fatale" class started at 5:30pm. I ran about 2.8 miles in just a hair under 30 minutes, which is a much faster pace than my 5k on Saturday. Granted I was only cleaning before hand, not biking 8 miles, but I did get in plenty of stairs toward my Mt. Rainier goal at the studio yesterday. Between the bike ride there, cleaning, running, the class and the bike ride home, I managed to burn 1,233 calories. AWESOME!



Speaking of goals, we're almost a week into July, so let's check in with them. (click the picture for full view)



I think I'm doing really really well for only being one week into the month. I do know that I am going to have to step it up to meet my Run/Walk/Hike goal, but that's great - because those are things I don't enjoy as much as the others.


I plan to complete the Flex Appeal goal tonight when I try out the "Strip Bar" class. I have absolutely no idea what it is, there was no description, but I know who's teaching it and it's bound to be a good workout.


I'm feeling pretty excellent about this week as it grows closer and closer to Wednesday. I only wish I wasn't feeling so terrible about today in general. I'm dreading heading out the door to work.


What's your favorite way to turn around a sour mood?

4 comments:

Rapunzel said...

I was feeling the same yesterday but forced myself to exercise! I'm always amazed at how good I feel afterward. :)

hope today is better for you!

Lor said...

i just think about how much worse it could be. at least x didn't happen.. or remember, yadda yadda, when x happened?

or, i think about WHAT is making me feel the way that i am. is it something i should let bother me? or is it trivial?

i try to get to the bottom of the feeling, and assess. or, i just think that life's too damn short ;)


hang in there, loverface! you're doing fab!

kristen said...

I feel the same today. In the past, I'd turn to food to comfort myself on days like these. Now I try hard to keep my eating on track so I don't feel even worse than when my day started.

Sometimes I'll admit defeat and take everything in stride for the day. Other times I'll go over what yesterday was like, what I ate, etc, to see if the negative mood is stemming from that.

Today, however, I'm sticking to my puppy cam: http://tinyurl.com/n5kha3 :)

It always brings a smile to my face. There are many more puppy cams too! I'm such a sucker for cute, soft animals.

antgirl said...

A round of my pilates yoga blend workout always does me wonders.