Monday, July 20, 2009

Phew.

I think I have caught up on everyone else's successful blogging! WAY TO GO y'all. I'm genuinely motivated by the serious losses going on in the blogs I follow. Keep it up.

As far as my journey is concerned, I'm dealing with a bit of lady trouble this week (TOM) and I'm drinking water like crazy to try to counteract that. I'm absolutely amazed that I've stuck to my meal plan throughout this, because generally it is when I fall off the wagon most often. I'm irritable and I just say "Whatever," and eat what I want.

Not this week, my friends.

I'm proud of the meal plan I ended up with. I took all of the GHGs into careful consideration and made sure to rearrange and plan for desserts as soon as TOM came around. Having a planned dessert to stick to has made it entirely manageable.

I've had a relatively active weekend. Yesterday, the boys and I went hiking in Wisconsin at the Willow River. We climbed rock walls and ducked underneath a waterfall. It was glorious. According to my pedometer (accounting for my stride) we hiked about 8.3 miles. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I have no point of measure otherwise so I'll trust it. It certainly was a lot of walking up some steep inclines. I burned a zillion calories.

I think a big reason the weekend was especially successful was the fact that we stayed home and had friends over each night. It's been amazingly chilly here in MN for summer and I am loving it. We've had fires in the backyard all weekend, amazing conversations with great friends.

I've been tracking like a maniac, both online and off - which I think is a big key for me. My 3 month WW journal is with me all the time, but the online tracker helps me immensely as well.

I'm excited to see what ends up on the scale this week. I also hope to have my computer fixed and/or dump my pictures elsewhere and upload them.

1 comment:

Lor said...

awesomeee! i wish i was staying as on track as you are! i'm being verry bad today at food day at work. ive held out on the last 3. i gotta get it out of my system, go to the gym and hop back on the wagon tomorrow.

im proud of you for stickin'! you go, girl! :)