Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Menu Disection : Day 2.

Breakfast:

What I planned: 1 cup Puffins (1) + 1/2 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soy (.5) + banana (2) + coffee (0) + 1/2 cup soy (.5) = 4 [1 dairy, 2 fruit, whole grains]

What I ate:

1 cup Puffins (1)+ 1/2 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soy (.5) with Coffee (0) + 1/2 cup soy (.5) = 2
I wasn't feeling hungry enough for the banana with breakfast thing, so I skipped it.
Snack:
What I planned: Skim Latte (3) = 3 [2 dairy]
What I ate:

Banana (2) = 2
There's that banana from breakfast, sneaking in as a snack instead. Morning coffee was enough coffee for today.
Lunch:
What I planned: Chicken Breast Sandwich (3) on Arnold Sandwich Thin (1) + Tomato + Spinach + Spicy Mayo (1) with Side Salad dressed with 1 tsp olive oil (1) Newman's Own spritzer (0) = 6 [2 veggie, 1 oil, lean protein]
What I ate:

Chicken Tenders (2) on Arnold Sandwich Thin (1) + Tomato (0) + Spinach (0) + Spicy Mayo (1)+ Mixed Greens and Carrots (o) + Newman's Own Spritzer (0) + 1 tsp olive oil (1) + 3 slices cantaloupe (1) = 6


Realized we didn't actually have chicken breasts anymore because I grilled them and cut them up for use in Lunch salads. Oops, no big deal. Ended up using tenders instead, which saved me a point to use on cantaloupe.

Dinner:

What I planned: Chicken Asparagus Risotto (6) = 6 [1 veggie, 1 oil, lean protein]

What I ate:

Chicken Asparagus Risotto (6) + Wilted Spinach (o) = 6

Wow. This was fantastic. It was the second part of a recipe from my Now and Later cookbook that I love and always rave about (the Chicken Marengo was the first part). Promise to share both tomorrow!

Again, I stayed VERY close to my menu, and I'm proud. I did lose out on a dairy serving, but on the off chance (because I'm STUFFED) that I opt for dessert tonight, I will make up for it with some yogurt and strawberries.

I had to play around a bit with tomorrow's meal plan - since I lost 2lbs (!!!) at WI tonight, I also lost a daily point. I'm down to 21, yeesh.

Wednesday's Meal Plan

B: Cran-ginger Oatmeal (3) + coffee (0) + 1/2 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soy Milk (.5) = 3.5 [1 dairy ]

S: Carrots (0) + 2 tablespoons Roasted Red Pepper hummus (1) + Light String Cheese (1) = 2 [ 1 dairy, 1 veggie ]

L: Leftover Chicken Marengo (5) + 1/2 cup brown rice (2) = 7 [ 1 veggie, lean protein, whole grains ]

D: Mixed Greens (0) + Tomatoes (o) + Carrots (o) + Cucumbers (0) + 1/4 cup FF Cottage Cheese (.5) + 1/2 cup Black Beans (.5) + 1/2 Grilled Chicken Breast (2) = 3 [ 2 veggies, 1/2 dairy, lean protein ]

S: Broiled Grapefruit (2) + 1 teaspoon honey (.5) + sprinkle brown sugar (0) = 2.5 [ 2 fruits ]

Total Points = 18

4 comments:

antgirl said...

Oh good! The risotto looks fantastic.

Rebecca said...

wooohoooo for the weightloss!!!!

kristen said...

Chicken asparagus risotto looks delicious! I can't wait to see the recipe. I definitely have to start making risotto more, I loooove it.

Lor said...

what are these puffins i keep reading about? 1 pt for a cup is amazing. i must find out more! :)