Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day.


Happy 4th of July, y'all.
I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, and I haven't stopped doing my menu dissection either, but I did conveniently forget to take a bunch of pictures of the mistakes I made at a birthday party on Thursday night, though I tracked it (used ALL of my flex points and 8 APs)
Yesterday, I was feeling a little ill due to said mistakes, and I mostly could be found splayed out in bed watching What Not To Wear. Usually, on lounge days, I tend to snack all day. Yesterday, I came in WAY below my daily points target - which normally is not healthy, but I never felt hungry and I did eat, just mostly filling foods. Hopefully, it makes up for a little bit of Thursdays mistakes.
Today is the 4th of July and I am headed out to my dad's annual BBQ and Pool Party soon. I do NOT have a plan for today. This is purposeful. I have made arrangements, however, so that I have healthy options. I picked up some ground buffalo to make burgers and also some Apple Chicken brats. I am bringing both because it will totally depend on what else is there for me to decide which I want to eat. I am prepared.
This morning I had pledged to run a "personal 5k," which basically means 3.2 miles, not an official race. I rode my bike to Lake Nokomis, jogged around it at an average 12 mph and then biked home. The entire excursion took me about an hour and 15 minutes, and I'm so proud of myself for actually doing it. I only wish I had run a REAL 5k so I would have a funky t-shirt to prove it. It was actually a really nice route, both bike and run, so I think I'll probably add it to my routine once per week. This will help me get prepared for the "real" 5k I plan to run in August.
Either way, I burned a really awesome amount of calories in a short amount of time and I feel confident going in to the day.
I'll be back tomorrow with Meal Plan Dissection and an update on how well I stayed on track today.
Happy Holiday!

2 comments:

Rapunzel said...

Sounds like you were totally prepared for the holiday, hope you had a wonderful day!

totegirl said...

Hope it went well! That bike/run sounds lovely!