Monday, July 27, 2009

At a Loss for Words.

So, my birthday weekend is all wrapped up.

Friday was fantastic. Saturday (the actual birthday) was pretty much the worst day of my year so far. Genuinely, I am still recovering from some emotional damage. Sunday was the turnaround day and I had a great time moving around the city - shopping yard sales, a new vintage store and a craft fair.

I feel as though I did ok on the food front, though I will admit I stopped tracking on Friday afternoon. It wasn't my intention, I was just very busy socially and moving around a lot. I started tracking again on Saturday morning, despite the fact that I had mostly forgotten everything I had the night before. I made great attempts to round up the dinner at Cafe Maude and estimate (highly) the few drinks I had.

I started Saturday out horribly with a big starchy breakfast at the Triple Rock with my friends. Biscuits and Gravy, my favorite thing in the world. I only get to eat it about once or twice per year now (with weight watchers) because the plate contains more points than I get in a day. The rest of Saturday was mainly foodless and painful, but I did muster up the energy to get some sushi for dinner.

Sunday I started the day right with 0% Green Yogurt mixed with Puffins, had an Amy's Mexican Tamale Pie with extra black beans for lunch and some more greek yogurt with blue berries as a snack. I never actually ate dinner because I just wasn't hungry.

Today I've got a million errands to run, cleaning at the studios and then I'm making Sloppy Joes for dinner.

I'll hopefully have a more entertaining post at some point.

4 comments:

katyhaltertop said...

Happy belated bday!! I too would have a hard time resisting my favorite drinks and biscuits and gravy around my bday. Sounds like it was worth it. You'll be back OP in no time!

antgirl said...

Sorry your day was draining. Glad you turned it all around.

You'll work it all off soon enough. Once or twice a year to indulge is OK.

Lor said...

happy late birthday! i hope things are going well! every day is a new day :)

Del said...

I'm sorry you had a difficult weekend, birthdays can be so hard! Sounds like you did a great job indulging and also keeping it fairly healthy! I love Amy's tamale pie, such a great lunch for only 2 points!