Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rainy Days.

The weather in Minneapolis has been a drag lately. It's created a huge barrier between me and my motivation (to do anything). Currently there are approximately 32 dishes in the sink, and about 50 more stacked on top of the stove. I'm using this as an excuse not to cook my own healthy homemade meals and rather go out to eat a giant sub loaded with mayo and cheese.


Today is cleaning day. Justin and I are tackling the kitchen and the laundry. No more excuses.


Breakfast today is a new treat I found at the co-op.
Clocking in at 150 calories, 2 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber, this is a seriously delicious alternative to my normal Maple and Brown Sugar High Fiber/Low Sugar Quaker oats. Each packet is valued at 3 points, but it feels worth it when I read the ingredients list:
Organic rolled oats, organic evaporated can juice, organic roasted soy nuts, organic sweetened dried cranberries, organic brown rice flour, organic soy germ, organic ginger and organic cinnamon.
On a rainy errand day, there is nothing like a big (organic) bowl of yummy to fill my tummy.
Tonight I am making my triumphant return to my Weight Watchers meeting. I am mentally prepared for the scale. I know I have gained, but I also know that I am turning over a new leaf. My friend and WW buddy Kelly and I are meeting afterwards to brainstorm on a concrete plan, as we are both in similar situations: not too much left to lose, physically fit and out of control busy but determined to finish what we've started.
Stay tuned for meeting information and a solid set of goals to match this new plan.

1 comment:

antgirl said...

Weather has been sucky and rainy in the high desert, too. It slusheed on us yesterday. My feet are going to web and I'm going to start quacking soon.

Good luck on the new plan!