Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, Monday, Monday.

You always read how important breakfast is to a nutritionally sound diet. Or, at least I always read that. i always read it and think... who has time for a serious breakfast in the morning? Who can sit around and make an egg white omelet with chopped veggies?

The answer?

People who prepare. I mean really, how hard would it be to dice up the onions and peppers BEFORE you go to bed? Not hard. I need to remember that.

Either way, I'm going through another "Let's try Breakfast" phase. It is BY FAR the hardest thing I am trying to learn. I'm just not hungry in the morning. I did read an article the other day that had limited factual statistics but somehow made sense to me. Lunch should be your biggest meal of the day (allegedly) consuming 35-60% of your caloric intake in the middle of the day does something or other to help you burn more fat. The same article mentioned that you should attempt to eat 20-30% of your caloric intake at breakfast, if not more. A sample menu was posted and focused on pairing protein with complex carbs and fats to keep you full longer, etc etc, and then a big plate of fruit for dinner... which actually sounded pretty good.

Don't listen to me though, I didn't even see the name of the magazine I was looking at, I just remember the above information. Either way, I'm trying it out. I need to nix the night eating, which I realize is a result of both habit and my body searching for calories I didn't give it earlier in the day.

So, this morning I'm loading up on breakfast before heading to the gym to meet my friend Kelly. She has been worried that she's in a workout rut and is doing multiple things to get out of it, which is an awesome solution. I know a lot of other people (mainly me) who complain about being in a rut and then just complain... no action. Sometimes I even just totally quit.

Either way, we're going to work on Free Weight routines. I'm going to have to kick my weights down REALLY low because I'm going to Power Pole class tomorrow and it always kills me. I can't be sore for it.


Here's breakfast.

Coffee + skim milk, Plain Fat Free Yogurt + Strawberries, Sahale Macademia Nuts

No comments: