Monday, June 8, 2009

How I Plan to Help Myself... and hopefully all of you.

I'm sheepishly returning to this blog. I genuinely feel defeated after the last week. I have been on a downward spiral, and I'm trying to climb back out.

One thing we have all learned about me, is that I avoid this blog when I'm doing poorly. Sometimes I avoid blogging simply because I'm busy, but I am almost certainly doing terrible on plan when I am busy and this last week has been exactly that. Busy, and horrible with my "plan."

I literally know all the things I need to do. I need to sit down, write out a meal plan, include indulgences here and there as rewards and just stick to it. Flex points can go to additional healthy food - like nuts or yogurt or fruit, but I need to stop purchasing the things that trigger me to overeat... like delicious frozen yogurt that I can never eat in the correct portion size. Additionally, I need to find a way to motivate all of these changes again. I used to set goal "prizes" and "rewards." I haven't done that in a long time because I just reward myself for doing nothing - because I need it to feel calm and continue my path of going in the wrong direction.

It truly is time for a change. No more back and forth.

I have decided to change the format of this blog to combine more INFORMATION and less personal reaction to life. Though I think both are valuable, a combination is key to keeping this blog off of the "I'm doing horrible again" path, and to keep me motivated.

I have set up a series of Google Alerts in relation to weight loss, in hopes of finding new tips and tricks to share (or critique) and I'd like to return to posting meal recipes, pictures and finds.

My goal this week is to begin this new format (hopefully tomorrow) and additionally to stay on track throughout the work week to reward myself with 2 drinks on Friday night when I go out with some girlfriends for our Little Black Dress club.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

antgirl said...

I can relate. The busier I get, the less on routine I am. I tend to skip meals and snacks and then the hungries strike.