Sunday, May 3, 2009

Still going STRONG!

I just got back from the gym. Today was Strength Training routine 2 + 15 minutes on the StepMill. I was feeling energetic so I cranked the StepMill up to Level 20, which is as high as it goes.


I literally thought I was going to collapse and die or have a heart attack. I toughed it out for about 3.5 minutes and then lowered it back down to 12, which is a level that is hard enough for me but probably won't kill me (which is a good thing.)


I managed to burn 540 calories in 55 minutes which earned me a cool 5 APs.


Yesterday was also such a great day with all the outside activity. I did spend Saturday night doing laundry, which is extremely unexciting, but it was necessary. I was feeling a little hunger pang as I was loading the car so I decided to have a snack to tide me over so I wouldn't be tempted by the vending machine at the laundromat or the delicious ice cream shop across the street.




I made myself this salad with mixed greens, radishes, carrots, tomatoes, red onion and Newman's Own spritzer dressing that is supposed to be like french (it is, just not the consistency). I chopped up a little deli turkey to throw on top of it for some added protein which was the ONLY thing in the salad that actually contained points... and only one of them. Pretty decent snack if you ask me!
After the laundry was all done and carried to and from the car for the fourth time, I was ready for dinner but decided to do the dishes first - since I didn't have a dinner plan. I wanted to think about it. By that time, I realized I wasn't as hungry as I thought, but I just *knew* it was time to eat. I'm getting better at monitoring my hunger and that's something I'm grateful for. I decided to have a semi-light dinner, wait a half hour and then see if I was still hungry after that.
I whipped up a spicy salmon pita with low-fat mayo, horseradish and Sirracha and sliced tomatoes + avocado. On the side I added baby carrots and more radishes (I LOVE RADISHES!) with some roasted red pepper hummus. The entire meal was 6 points and after I waited my half hour, I wasn't hungry.
I still had 5 points for the day, so I decided to indulge in some of the "accidental yogurt," Honey Flavored Greek yogurt I bought at the co-op without checking the nutrition information. It's 4 points for 1/2 a cup but it is SO creamy and delicious that it easily replaces ice cream. I topped it with some blackberries and I was completely set and satisfied.
Today is the annual HOTB May Day parade down Bloomington Avenue and at Powderhorn Park. We're going to ride bikes, as usual and set up in a good spot (I hope) so that Eli can see. We usually meet up with a bunch of friends once the parade makes it to the Park, so it should be a great day!

1 comment:

antgirl said...

Radishes are yummy. Sounds like you had a great weekend. :)I should come snack at your house. LOL