Monday, May 4, 2009

Oopsie Daisy.


Yesterday was the annual HOTB Mayday parade here in Minneapolis, and a fantastic day it was. Beautiful weather, great bike ride, good spot for the parade and a wonderful spot on the hill for the after celebration in Powderhorn Park.
NOT a good day for weight watchers. I didn't do too bad on that front, but I had a plan and I veered from it. I burned through the rest of my flex points for the week and ate into my Activity Points a lot more than I had intended - mostly with the couple drinks I had on the patio at Luce after we all (respective friends) headed home to feed and let our dogs out and meet back up. I also had literally no way to track my dinner, so I made the best guess and definitely made a good choice there.
I ate 4 mini donuts though, and that was what did it. It sent me into a wild sugar rage and I drank a lot of rum+pinneapple juice last night. Well, not a lot, but a couple. And managed to polish off that honey greek yogurt (that is massively high in points) when we got home from trivia last night.
Anyhow, today is a new day, it's all tracked and I've moved away from it.
It's supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny, so I am trying to get some work out of the way early this morning so that I can get out and enjoy it.
Tonight there is a potluck BBQ for my friend's birthday which throws me off in a couple directions. A) I can only control what I bring. B) I am missing Pole Dance class. C) It is very hard to control portions, drinking, etc in a potluck setting.
I'm nervous, but I feel confident. I am bringing my standby Quinoa Salad with apples, cranberries and walnuts.
By the way, I never updated the recipes site (secretly I knew I wouldn't) but I have scheduled it into my calendar for Wednesday afternoon, which is supposed to be a dull rainy day.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

seriously...getting together with friends, no matter how well you plan somehow always veers off track.

i went bowling friday, had no intention of drinking and whooopsie..ended up with 1 margarita..1 more than planned of course...

i thought summer would be easier to lose weight..hell... it may just be more difficult with all the the get togethers and bbq's!

kristen said...

BRING ON THE RECIPE!! :)

Don't you hate how a small sweet treat can send you into a sugar-craving monster binge?? All those scientific studies that have recently been released about this exact thing totally make sense.

The important thing is that you're still tracking! You're aware of what you're eating and prepared to make up for it. :)