Sunday, April 26, 2009

Like the little ball inside the spray can.

I'm rockin' it this week.

Though, it's hard to explain why when I go into detail about how I now have NO flex points left and only 4 APs left, but it is Sunday and I haven't been to the gym yet today.

I have been tracking every little thing. All bites, licks and tastes, all of my meals and drinks etc. Getting back in this habit REALLY keeps me on track. It truly is amazing how fast 22 points get away from you. I blew almost all of my flex points when Justin and I went out to dinner on Thursday night at the Red Stag Supperclub. I had a lemonade type drink, which I estimated to be 6 points. Housemade lemonade, mmmmmm. We shared a pickle plate that was FULL of pickled deliciousness. Pickled okra, pickled beets, pickled ramps, yum yum. There was also some thinly sliced summer sausagey thing and some cappicola ham. I only had one piece of each of those, but I tracked it. We shared seared pork belly with english peas and pearl onions, all totally drenched in butter. I added 1/4 cup of butter to all the nutrition info I could find for pork belly, even though I made sure to pour all the drippings at the bottom of the plate onto Justin's share plate. For dessert we had rhubarb crisp with honey ice cream. I tried just a little bit of the ice cream and then promptly pushed it over to his side. I managed to control myself and only had TWO bites of the dessert before offering the rest to Justin, who immediately shoved the whole thing in his mouth, terrified I might be joking.

It was such a great dinner. It was fun to share the food. We have a hard time with that because we love good food so much that we want to order 2 entrees so we get to share more. This will probably be the end of that.

Otherwise, I have had GREAT workouts this week. I haven't been burning ridiculous amounts of calories because I am keeping them short, but I have been PUSHING myself and really working hard in the time that I give myself to be at the gym.

Today, in about 15 minutes, I'm headed there to do a very quick strength training circuit, 45 minutes of cardio and then I'm going to go to BodyFlow, which I haven't done in a very long time. I'm excited to have that hour of relaxation time. I used to really love BodyFlow. I don't know why I stopped going.

Even though it's crossed my mind, I'm not expecting a big loss this week. I've still had some flubs, like last night when I made pizza rolls for the boys because it got late so fast... and I made myself a Lean Cuisine... but there were extra pizza rolls and I ate those too. On top of my Lean Cuisine, making what would have been a 5 point dinner with a salad into a 12 point dinner. Lame, but it happened and I tracked it.

I hope you are all having a great week. This weird weather is a good time to get reacquainted with the gym.

2 comments:

antgirl said...

Glad you are feeling so good about what you're doing. That usually helps me. Your determination is inspiring. :)

kristen said...

It's great to read about how your positive attitude is back! Baby steps :)

Great job with the meticulous journaling! I find it can be tedious, but it really does keep me on track and aware of what/how much I'm eating. I think it's great you're not killing yourself with the exercise, but easing back into it at a pace and intensity you're comfortable with. I still have a hard time with viewing exercise as punishment sometimes, and if I'm too hard on myself I'll hate it and skip it. BodyFlow sounds like a good class, I wish we had something like that!