Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Workout Stats : Tuesday


Workout Stats : Tuesday 374 calories burned
+5 minutes Flirty Girl Fitness (this was so stupid I had to quit)
+47 minute WOG (3.6 miles)
I didn't burn a lot of calories, but I'm so so so proud of myself for doing anything. A) It was the first day of TOM. B) My normal activity would be African Dance class, but my friend bailed and I just couldn't muster the motivation to go alone. C) It was raining.... a lot.
I used the little tool at MapMyWalk.com to figure out how far I went and then divided the mileage up. It seems I am up to around a 13-14 minute mine, which is kind of an improvement for me. It's not fast, by any means, and I'm sure I could walk faster. Hence the name WOG was developed over twitter last night. Walk/Jog = WOG. The improvement is that I kept up a pretty steady pace, hoping to be able to just FINISH 3 miles, not concerned with quickness. I have never run a full 3 miles before, I always have to stop and walk.
BUT I DID IT.
I was pretty surprised at how few calories I burned, but whatever. That's not really the point! It was raining, I was crabby and I did it anyway.
I also somehow managed to have a completely OP first day of TOM. That is miraculous. I feel like singing.
Today is WI. I'm hoping for a loss, but not expecting it due to the womanly circumstances. It would be nice to see, however, after 2 weeks of gains. I need a little push in the right direction to keep me motivated.

5 comments:

Jessitracker said...

That's awesome! It's hard to stay OP on the first day of TOM!

HollyALP said...

Yes, congratulations! The first step is always the hardest... although african dance class sounds pretty awesome, too...

kristen said...

I think 374 is a lot of calories burned! That's about 7 points!

Don't you love mapmywalk? I'm on mapmyrun every day looking for new routes to run. They also have mapmyride that I can't wait to use when I have time to jump on the bike.

Oh, and I tried a Flirty Girl Fitness video too from my OnDemand and don't think I lasted even five minutes. I couldn't handle the stupidity either.

Congrats on your WOG. BTW I love that! and staying OP during TOM. (Acronym overload!) See, no one has to tell you what to do or how to do it, you're on top of things. :)

Joanna said...

I am intrigued by flirty girl fitness. What's the premise?

nic said...

Oh my god, it's so stupid.

It's a bunch of trashy slutty girls with no rhythm trying to make exercise even more slutty than they are.

Don't be intrigued, come to a pole dancing class with me. It's much more interesting!