Monday, March 2, 2009

Thoughts from the Desk : a CLEAN Desk.

So, I've been away from this blog for a few days. This generally only means one thing, and yes, that is what it means this time as well. I've been bad.

Friday night was a "Girl's Night" celebration for little Joe's departure from my universe. He took a new job where he basically travels every single day all the time and will never ever be around again ever. We went out on the town for basically free with a ton of gift cards that came from the VIP bags at the Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine party. I ate lots and lots of small plates and tapas. I DO feel as though I made wise choices and I still stand by that.

Saturday I ate really well. I got in all the GHGs and I made some spicy chicken stew in the crock pot.

Yesterday, however, I ate really well until 4pm when I took my mom out to dinner at Common Roots. I ate a turkey wrap that was somehow Cesar style and had a VERY anchovy taste to it (which is fine with me actually, I really like anchovies). It wasn't my style, I didn't really like it, but of course I ate the entire thing anyway and a large handful of wheaty tortilla chips. I also had a skim miel.

As if that creamy wrap thing wasn't enough, later on at trivia, I had a GIANT beer and Justin and I shared a "Monster Burger." You can guess what that means, because I don't remember. I just know that my half of that burger was probably at least 1200 calories and my arteries are now a little narrower.

Whoops.

However, I did have a massive personal accomplishment totally unrelated to weight loss yesterday. I power cleaned the house up and down. It looks so fantastic. This does have an affect on my ability to stay OP however, because when the house is clean, I am far more relaxed and productive. I enjoy cooking when the kitchen isn't cluttered and I have a much easier time sitting at the dining room table when it's not full of Justin's random stuff. This helps me slow down and eat only until I'm full.

Even though I usually don't set goals for the month, or I do... but don't keep them. I'm going to give this month a serious try.

March Goals
  • Aim for 5 out of 7 completely OP days per week
  • Have fun with activity and explore ideas outside the gym
  • Arrange meal swap with Elizabeth from my meeting
  • Make it to all 4 meetings this month

That's it. Super simple goals. I realize that when I don't put TOO much pressure on myself, I tend to make better choices than when I am being strict.

Though I didn't make it a goal, I really want to try to nix the habit of eating in my bedroom. I know this is where I take in a lot of completely useless calories. I'm going to try cutting that, but I haven't formed a plan yet. When I know, you'll know.

Here's to my first day back on track. (Man, do I get sick of saying that.)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

not just you..

i'm starting my 41 day challenge today..

somethings gotta give!!

have a successful OP week!

antgirl said...

I said hello to fruit tarts and Cheetos this weekend. They were yummy and I don't feel at all guilty about it. :-D

All that cleaning must have burned a few calories off. Want to come do my house? LOL I already did the vacuuming anyway.

1LB to the Goal said...

Love your March goals - here's to an OP month!