Thursday, March 12, 2009

Catch up Catch up (Ketchup)

I gained 2.4 lbs this week, and it was pretty unexpected. I'm upset, but I'm calming down even now as I remember how often I tell other people that "this isn't a race." There really is no finish line in this process. It's not as if I'm going to get to goal and instantly have to do nothing, the fact is, I struggle with my weight, and I'll probably always struggle with it. The key, at this time, is to be testing and exploring things that will work for me in the long run. If I gain here and there, so be it. I need to live.

However, an extremely positive side note is that I tracked absolutely everything this week. EVERYTHING. Even the SIP of vanilla latte that I had with Justin (it wasn't really a sip, it was 3 sips, small ones, which I counted as .5 points). I'm really really proud to have done this. It was difficult to watch the numbers pile up on the first one or two days, because I had been off track with my eating last week. It amazed me how quickly things can add up and grow beyond the points target I aim for in a day.

I did end the week having used all of my flex points, which can sometimes lead to a gain for me. It obviously did this week.

I'll leave you with some pictures of some things I've ingested in the last couple days.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

oooohhhhh.. that first dish looks delish!!!

you must share the recipe..

antgirl said...

Firt off, I agree with Rebecca.

Second, there's no telling what are bodies are going to do some weeks. Does it change that healthy habits are better for us overall? No. That does not change.

Something my husband said to me a lot when I'd get frustrated, "It's coming off faster than you put it on." So, keep all that in mind. No matter what the scale says, being good to ourselves is always the better choice. :)

You're right about the race thing. All of us are different. Every *body* is different. I spent two years taking my weight off.

kristen said...

Hi! I've been somewhat MIA this week, but I do continue to read :) I've recently gained a few lbs back, and as frustrating as it is, I've been trying to take your approach and remind myself that it's not a race and this is a process and a journey.

Kudos on tracking everything! Even the sips, that's hardcore, haha. It's crazy how the BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) add up if we don't keep them under control!

All of your food, BTW, looks delicious.