Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snack Attack : Caramel Apple

Apple + Sugar Free "Creamy Caramel" Pudding = 2 points
In response to Jessica's latest post in which she totally trashes my favorite dessert (ice cream!!!) I found myself wondering how I could be spending my own dessert points a little better. Tonight's solution was to make up for a missing fruit/vegetable serving from my GHGs, so I decided to pair an apple with a single serve portion of the new flavor of Sugar Free Jello Pudding I found at the store : Creamy Caramel.

The outcome is decidedly declicious and perfect for late night snacking, which is how I tend to do most of my desserting in the first place. I like the idea that I feel like I'm having more, it takes me longer to eat and it is riculously tasty. Plus, dipping is always fun.

I'm sold. Love it. Try it.


3 comments:

antgirl said...

Sounds yummy! A great snack is one that works for you and hits all your buttons. I, too, check what food category I may have skimped on for the day when reaching for my snacks.

Jessitracker said...

I just can't deal with 1/2 a cup of ice cream! I'm too much of a hunger beast, I guess.

That apple idea is SO awesome though. Brilliant, really. I'm stealing it.

kristen said...

oh my god, what a delicious idea! I eat an apple every day and love to pair it with peanut butter or cheese. But this! I haven't seen this kind of jello yet but I'm definitely keeping my eye out next time I go shopping!