Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dinner : Wednesday : 2/18/09 : Sausage Party!

Balsamic Sausage and Peppers (and zucchini) = 4 points
This is so incredible, I'm eating it right now. V e r y S l o w l y. This is another of the new recipes from my "Now and Later" cookbook. On Friday this will turn into Sausage Shepherds Pie. Delicious!

In meeting news, I am only up 2.8lbs, which might sound like a lot to some people, but I was genuinely convinced I had gained over 5lbs. This is over 2 weeks, mind you, because I missed my meeting last week in favor of beef wellington puffs and cocktails. Oopsie.

I'm very excited to be back on track. Though I probably won't complete all the rules for the Just for Today Challenge for the day, in fact I know I won't, I will just chalk it up as a successful day either way. I made the effort to go to my meeting. I faced the scale. I celebrated the results, which wowed my meeting receptionist, whom I LOVE, and I took full ownership for this extra weight. And I quite honestly told my entire group that it was worth every pound. It really was. I hope that won't dissuade anyone from their progress, but you can't live on a "diet" all the time. Life happens, enjoy it, then deal with it.

I think I'll take some time tomorrow to reflect on our meeting topic, which was Healthy Habits (and not Tracking, which I originally thought. That is next week).

1 comment:

Tamzin said...

ROFL! sausage party. Nice one. I'm new to your blog, but I love it. :)

Thanks for the laugh today.