Sunday, January 4, 2009

Workout Stats : Sunday : 1/4/08

Workout Stats : Sunday : 849 calories burned
+15 minutes stepmill
+30 minutes run/walk intervals on tredmill with incline
+15 minutes elliptical in reverse
+50 minutes BodyFlow
This was a great workout. Truly. It felt effortless but the sweat was pouring, I think I was just really energized. Perhaps it's due to the new vitamins Jessica prescribed to me - she's not a doctor, but she knows her stuff. I was really proud of my running skills even after taking a sabbatical from running for more than 2 weeks due to knee pain. I've been wearing a brace, so that's helped. I was able to go on the treadmill at an incline of 3.5 doing 3 minute runs, 60 second walks, for a whole half hour. That's a lot for me, so I"m proud. I made it pretty "far" in terms of distance too - so that's great.
BodyFlow is by far my favorite class. If you belong to a gym and they offer it, check it out. It's relaxing and challenging at the same time, incorporating Tai Chi with Yoga and Pilates. I always try to workout before hand, because I feel so relaxed by the time I leave BodyFlow I can't imagine trying to do anything active in the next hour. It's my favorite time of the week.
That might be kind of a sad thing, but at least my favorite time of the week is slightly fitness oriented.
I'm drinking a cup of coffee before I decide what to have for lunch. I'm trying to be creative with what's left in the cupboards and fridge before we go for a "real" grocery run. I did stop at the store today to pick up coffee beans and spinach - two things I NEED on a daily basis.

1 comment:

1LB to the Goal said...

WOW - I wish I had your determination to do that kind of work out! Great job!!