Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thoughts from the Desk : Pre-Work



Sorry to tempt you with such a delicious looking dessert so early in the morning, or late in the afternoon, or whenever you read this.

That was my dessert last night. It was awesome. 1/2 cup of Edy's Slow Churned No Sugar Added Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (2) with 1 tbsp of Honey (1) and 1 tbsp of Bear Naked FIT Granola (.5).

I love that granola. It's relatively expensive compared the the delicious granola I was able to get at the Farmer's Market this year - but is the only store-bought granola I've found that has less than 3g of sugar and doesn't taste like butts, so I buy it. It tastes great with FF Vanilla Yogurt. That's a snack I like to eat frequently.

I can't get over how tired I've been the last two mornings. I'm hoping it's due to the whole not smoking thing rather than actually getting sick. I tend to feel fine after I've been up and going for a little bit, but this morning I laid in bed for more than a half hour before getting up. I'm a morning person, so that's kind of a big thing for me. Either way, I guess I can't really do anything about it, so no sense obsessing.

Today is an errand/chore day. I am going in to work in about 10 minutes and I'll leave around 1pm. Then it's clean the house time, then laundry time, then put laundry away time, then grocery shopping time, then clean out the fridge of nasty moldy leftovers that got pushed to the back time, then put the groceries away time and then I'll probably collapse and die on the couch. That doesn't sound like that much work, but trust me - it is.

I will definately be taking more pictures of what I'm eating this week, because after I go to the grocery store, here is a list of some of the things I'll be making:
  • Tuscan Chicken with Spinach Parmesan Fettucini
  • White Bean and Bacon Salad
  • Chicken and Spinach CousCous
  • Cabbage Apple and Chicken Saute
  • Coconut Pineapple Ginger Rice
  • Gorgonzola Burgers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
  • Quinoa Caprese
  • Crab Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
  • Brown Rice-Banana Pudding

That should have all of next week covered with all the staples in-between. I realize I eat a lot of chicken. I'm not a very big fan of red meat. Those burgers will be turkey burgers, most likely, but I'm confident the recipe will suffer because of it. The flavors of bleu cheese go way better with beef than turkey. Oh well. We'll see!

Also! I got the new Momentum cookbook at the meeting last night. I haven't really had time to look through it yet, but it's HUGE! The biggest of all my WW cookbooks. I'm psyched to have a whole new list of meals to make after next week. These ones are mostly all new also, because I picked up the mini-ww cookbook from Target and then also stole some ideas from a Shape Magazine menu. Yay, new things!

1 comment:

LTer4ever said...

This dessert looks and sounds delicious. Only 3.5 points, huh? What a deal. Your menu for the week sounds delicious. Can't wait to see some pics.