Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thoughts from the Desk: First sips of coffee

People are always asking me how I've lost so much weight, as if there's some sort of secret they don't know about. Some way to avoid the super hard work at the gym and reframing the way I fuel my body. Sometimes, I get offended. When I can tell that someone is looking for an easy way out, it makes me associate that with the fact that.... Wow... they must think I took an easy way out.

I work my butt off, that's how... literally.

6 comments:

LTer4ever said...

I think you are dead on about people looking for an easy way out. I've been one of those people and now I'm like you. I realized how hard it is not only to lose, but to keep from gaining it all back.

Jessitracker said...

Cheers to that.

One of the first things I say to people when they ask is, "It was NOT easy, it was a lot of hard work".

Funny how often I see disappointed faces when I mention that and don't have advice for some sort of secret quick fix.

orayduh said...

You should start making stuff up like "I only eat toothpaste." :)

nic said...

LINDSEY!!! Let me in your blog! (diet.nicole@gmail.com)

jlm53181 said...

Personally, I ask just to sort of ask to get some inspiration and to hear about how REAL people do it. It's not about easy necessarily, maybe just realistic.

HollyALP said...

Its funny how much energy you can expend looking for an 'easy' way out. When you finally realize that you just have to put in the work it seems easy!