Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thoughts from the Desk : Avoiding work I really should be doing.

Even though I said I wouldn't be updating "for real" until tomorrow, I felt compelled to sing my own praises.

Last night was the annual Pizza Luce Holiday Party. This is where all the employees of what is now a 5 store chain get together and drink way too much, eat way too much and just generally do pretty stupid stuff. When I actually worked at Luce, I skipped the party in favor of working and getting a gift certificate to a local record shop. I'm not really into stupid parties. I go now because Justin, my partner, still works there and thinks it's a blast. For the last 4 years I have left early every time, simply because the choice of venue offers little to do aside from eat and drink and socialize. As much as I love those things, I do them on a different level than these folks... slowly and within reason.

This year, however, the party was hosted by Grumpy's downtown where there are pool tables, darts, give aways and a room specifically for karaoke. Now, I am always tempted by karaoke, but never actually do it because I get too scared. Somehow, last night, I was convinced by a girl I've met only once to participate. I ended up doing a number of songs and had a blast.

The real NSV though, is the fact that there was a large spread of food, buffet style and I didn't go nuts! As long as you're away from the food at a party, I think you're ok. I ended up being the sober cab for a few boys, which helped me to feel productive and I even got a lot of compliments from people I rarely see on my weight loss progress. It was pretty exciting. All in all, a pretty good night.

Yesterday, Justin and I went grocery shopping. I am now the proud owner of a fully stocked fridge with tons of healthy options. I'm excited to be back on track and holding myself accountable once again.

1 comment:

LTer4ever said...

Congrats!!! Great NSV!