Monday, January 5, 2009

An Ode to the Wonderous Vitamins and Gym Revelations

I am now officially convinced that my new strength and stamina is at least 50% due to the vitamins that Jessica recommended to me. That, coupled with two revelations I have had at and about the gym in the last 72 hours.

I need to start treating exercise differently.

For a long time now I have been exercising because I know I "have" to. It's just something I "have" to do in order to lose weight. Yes, I want to be healthy, yeah yeah yeah. But I can't tell you how many times I am half-assing a machine just counting down the minutes until I can get off, debating with myself that 22 minutes is just as good as 30.

Today, I just powered through. I realized that I should be using this as an opportunity to see what the body I've built over the last year can do! I'm STRONG. I capitalized those because it's fucking true. I even swore about it. I'm very strong now. Today I did a mix of a new strength training circuit I found, and cardio. I worked my ass off. Truly. I was sweating buckets - and it was fun. I was pressing myself and grunting and breathing heavy and panting, etc etc.

I burned 896 calories in just over an hour. That's amazing for me. I even went back in my heart rate monitor (HRM) computer to compare similarly timed workouts and this was double that. There were two points the week before last where I worked out around 1 hour and 37 minutes on average and burned between 400 - 450 calories. I love the gym again, and I love my new vitamins.

I'm still smoke free, I'm going on almost 24 full hours now. It's pretty stressful and exciting.

1 comment:

Jessitracker said...

I'm so glad you like the vitamins!

Congratulations on your first smoke free day!!