Friday, December 5, 2008

Workout Stats : Friday : 12/05/08


Workout Stats : Friday : 422 calories
+40 Minutes Strength Training (Love Your Shape)
+5 Minutes Jump-rope
+15 Minutes Treadmill Dance


Awesome workout. That was really great to start the day in that manner and now I have loads of energy to go sit in a boardroom all day at SCLI. It's going to be rough.

My reference to the "Treadmill Dance" is this thing I started doing when I know I should run but just don't feel like it. I'll only do the Treadmill Dance if I'm at the gym at a time I would never normally be there because it makes you look absolutely foolish. Ipod required, you make a small playlist of shorter songs (around 2 minutes is perfect) and "dance" to each song. Today I walked uphill for the first song (a funk song, perfect walking beat), skipped to the next song (yep, I skipped on the treadmill), ran for the next, hopped (literally... bunny hopping on a treadmill. This annoyed a lot of people. Try at your own risk), ran for the next, walked up another hill, and skipped one last time before walking normally for the last song. Because you're mixing it up so much and providing strange intervals, I think it does a lot for your body. I'm not a fitness expert, but I'll try anything that keeps a damn treadmill interesting.

Strength Training was also great today. I gave it my all and burned the majority of my calories there. I've been pushing myself at the gym and I feel really great about it. I can't believe how much stronger I feel (and look!) and I'm excited to be thinking about what 2009 has in store for me. I have literally made a giant life change.

I think it's time for another one.

No comments: