Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weekly Goals : Starting late... or early.

In an effort to hold myself more accountable, I'm going to try to make a list of weekly goals rather than mental monthly goals. Trying to plan a month out is too difficult for me to accomplish, I've decided. These lists will include things that are important to my weight loss journey, but also just some things I really have to get done.

I'm making an early list for next week, the week of Christmas... which is sure to be a tough one.

Goals for the week of December 22nd

+ Meet the GHGs (good health guidelines) at least 5 days this week

+ Eat smart on the 24th and 25th

+ Earn at least 20 APs

+ Try to stay relaxed and calm amidst family gatherings (which tend to get heated, sometimes)

+ Power clean the house, my office and the office closet by Sunday (When we host Justin's parents for xmas)

I'm really hoping I can accomplish all of these, as they really need to be done.

As for this week, I had my employee party yesterday afternoon. It didn't go well. I feel like, given the circumstances, I did WAY better than I would have a year ago. However, I did make it home to eat lunch before hand, but I went back to help prepare the food. We have a master chef on staff so our employee party food is decadent and awesome. I helped make buckwheat belinis with creme freshe and dilled smoked salmon, latkes with blue cheese moouse, olive tapenade, fresh focacia, and so much more. I didn't sample a SINGLE THING while preparing (keeping my hands clean while cooking is really important to me for some reason, even though I don't even wash them after I go to the bathroom in public restrooms...).

However, once the party started, I was eager and ready to eat some crackers and cheese. I said I'd have ONE piece of each kind of cheese. That didn't happen, but I did only have 1 piece of swiss and 3 pieces of something else that I still don't know what it was but it was super ultra delicious and had raisins in it or something. I took a bunch of fresh veggies with no dip, and I had tapenade on a piece of buttered crusty bread. That was it for that. However, all employees were instructed to bring desserts. I made those gross mini pies, which were by far the only "safe" thing on the table, but they were disgusting so I skipped them. I ended up taking a piece of chocolate from a box, and tiny tiny slivers (literally, they were almost see-through) of each pie (sweet potato, pumpkin, oreo and lemon meringue) as well as half of a sugar cookie and a brownie.

When it comes down to it, writing it out, it doesn't seem that bad, and it probably wasn't. I barely ate for the rest of the day because all of that was very filling, so - while I didn't track it, I probably didn't use many extra points. The guilt comes in when I decided that watching t.v. was more important than braving the gym at rush hour and then the t.v. I actually did want to watch kept me home. Apparently I love t.v. now. After 4 years of barely watching it, ever, I watch it often now. I'm a loser.

I'm going to the gym today, for sure. It's very important to me that I end the week with at least 20 APs. I'm at 9 right now, but I only have 3 days so I'm setting the goal low - just in case. I've been averaging about 500 calories in 1.25 hours at the gym, so I know it will be hard to even get 20 in the 3 days if I don't have a lot of time to spare, but I'm going to try to find a spin class that I can go to because those burn major calories for me.

Anyhow, off to work.

No comments: