Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thoughts from the Desk : pre-gym, post holidays.

I ended up throwing caution to the wind this week. It's Christmas! With a split family and a long-term relationship, it's hard to avoid certain things and temptations when you have 3 days of celebration.

I tried to just keep it in my head to stop eating when I was full and only take one (or two) of the things I REALLY wanted and fill up more on other low-point goodies that were there.. like shrimp. I ate lots of shrimp this week. I feel ok about the screw ups I had, like sitting in bed and eating a big ball of sugar cookie dough. Of course it wasn't necessary! Of course it was kind of a weird thing to do! But... it happened, I did it, and that's that.

I did manage to fit workouts in both Wednesday and Thursday, so I'm very proud of that ambition and goal meeting. However, on Friday - which was to be my "serious workout" day, I slept. All day. Literally there was not a point in the day where I was awake for more than 40 minutes at a time. It was horrible. I feel like I've been fighting off a cold or the flu or something, anytime I have a day to relax, I have no energy. Oh well, when I'm busy, I feel fine.

I'm headed to the gym in about 20 minutes. I just snuck a peek at the scale to see how much damage I had done to my new beautiful lower weight and it looks like after all that (cookie dough ball and all) I may have maintained over the week. If this ends up being true tomorrow, I am going to cry with joy. Hopefully my workout today, the extra water and eating smart will help me fake out the scale tomorrow.

I'm going to regular Sunday trivia tonight, but the catch is I'm reuniting with an old old friend whom I worked with at Value Village 10 years ago. His name is Nick, and he found me on Facebook. He's only in town for a couple more days before he goes back to his super impressive life in Washington DC... where he's a lawyer. I'm sure I'll feel really crappy about my accomplishments after hearing about how successful he is tonight, but I'm really excited to see him.

Woo hoo!

No comments: