Friday, December 5, 2008

Thoughts from the Desk (pre 5:00 am)

I am awake before the Morning Show has started on MPR, which is awfully strange for me. It's my routine, every morning, to wake up to it and listen until it is off the air. It will be, off the air that is, in a matter of days and I'm slightly heartbroken. I'm not going to claim to be a die-hard lifetime fan, but I have listened religiously for the last 3 years, and there's hardly a day that I miss it.

The reason I am up so early today; Today, the day I don't have to be anywhere until 8:30 (another rarity); is to get my butt to the gym. There is no way I could fit in a workout today if I didn't do it this morning, so I set my sites on a spin class that's happening at 6am. Chances are that's not what I'll end up doing, but it gave me a goal and I managed to do it, despite my never getting to sleep in.

So, I'm headed out to the gym, then to my Strategic Connector's Leadership Institute (SCLI) for the month which is at the McKnight Foundation today. I love that office, it is so modern and full of light. We're discussing government involvement in the nonprofit sector. Should be an interesting day.

No comments: