Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Evening Snack : Tuesday : 12/30/08


I had a pretty big lunch today. No picture, of course, because I seem to suck at that lately. However, it was a BBQ chicken sandwich with wilted spinach and squash bake. I'm not very hungry, but I was craving something sweet so I made myself some hot cocoa.
We got an espresso maker for christmas, so it's been fun using the steam feature. I mostly suck at making lattes so far, but the accessory made for the most DELICIOUS hot cocoa. Steamed milk probably makes most things taste better. Also, it didn't really add any points, since there's only 1/2 a cup of milk there, plus 1/2 cup hot water and the diet cocoa mix. All a total of 1 point for the big mug. Yum.
I've been feeling the effects of this "plateau" lately. I'm in my 20th week of the 150s. That's almost half of the year. It's so incredibly frustrating. To try to ease some of the pain, I went to look at earlier progress charts... you know, back when I was making progress. I can't figure out where I went wrong. Obviously my fitness has taken a bit of a nosedive due to lack of time, but it's not like I sit around doing nothing. When I'm at the gym, I'm covered in sweat. I work hard. A new year is coming in less than 2 days, and I intend to make some serious progress. No more of this half-ass stuff. I'm all in. I KNOW now that I can maintain (obviously!) so I'm going to sacrifice the fun stuff for a while to get where I want to be.
I've really enjoyed my december resolution to drink only on Sundays. Kind of a reverse sabaath thing. It's worked well, I feel great, and I'm sure I've saved a whole bunch of points. I did break it last night on date night. Justin and I tried the new Pop!! in St. Paul. It was delicious. I had a champagne cocktail, trying to get in the mood for New Years Eve. NYE if tomorrow... I'm a bit nervous because it's going to be a very long day. It's also the first NYE ever that Justin and I will spend together. He's always working, but got the night off this year, so that's kind of a nice sign going into 2009. I have to get up at 5am (as usual) and work, somehow make it to the gym, and then figure out how to stay up past midnight. The stress of work is really getting to me. This is our busiest season and my boss, who is also insanely busy and oversees ALL of us directors (there's 12 now) has no idea how busy we all are. A lack of sympathy and/or slight reward is doing me in. My one great hope for 2009 is that I am presented (and earn) some serious career advancement. I need it and I really feel I deserve it.
The weird part about that (the career stuff) is that I feel like now that I'm smaller, I genuinely have a better chance at getting a job I interview for. It's no secret that people tend to like and trust attractive people more. It's a weird statistic but it's true. It's also easier to look polished when you can fit into clothes instead of wearing a tablecloth.
2009 is going to be a lot of hard work, but I'm ready. Even excited.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Don't get discouraged. Maybe this plateau is you body's way to telling you that you are already at a healthy weight. It seems like you're doing everything right, so try to feel content in the fact that you have maintained a huge weight loss for the last six months!

Becky said...

I agree, maybe your body is telling you that you are at a good weight already! Good luck!

nic said...

Thanks ladies! I'm hanging in there.

The weeks that I have gained have been a screw up on my part, so I know there's still weight to be lost. I'm confident I can still meet my goal, I just need to buck up and stop pretending a whole pint of ice cream isn't "that much more" than the 1/2 cup serving.

;o)