Tuesday, November 4, 2008

good morning USA.



morning coffee + 1/4 cup light soy milk + fiberone vanilla yogurt = 1.5 points

Today is election day, a big day. I felt a tiny bit of kinship with George W this morning as I choked on my calcium pill. I felt that if he had been here he might have said "Heyyyy me TOO! (only with popcorn.) Huh huh." Then we both would have felt like idiots and gone on our merry way. So I use my Don't Mess With Texas mug in rememberance of a pretty horrible but highly entertaining president. It's kind of like a romantic goodbye... like the relationship that strung on way too long just because you didn't want to hurt his feelings.

I'm having a small but filling breakfast this morning because it's going to be a busy one. I work in nonprofits, and the first half of my day from about 6:30am to about 1pm, is generally pretty crazy. I run around a lot, sometimes literally.

Today I am a "voucher" for the election. I work with the homeless, so I am registered to be able to bring them to the polls and attest to the fact that they live in the shelter and that they may use our address. Anything I can do to get out the vote, since I wasn't all that into phone banking this year.

Please vote. Please please vote. What else are you going to do?

No comments: