Monday, November 3, 2008

a date with the gym.

Workout stats: Monday [548 calories burned]
+ strength training: 35 minutes
+ couch to 5k: Week 5 Day 2
+ ab ripper 100 (hey, that's just what it's called)

What a great workout today. The gym was darn near empty, which always makes for the most pleasant environment. The track was completely empty, which tends to help my run because I am not constantly worried about the guy jogging extra slow behind me to watch my backside bounce with my stride.

It's always a little hard to feel like you're killing yourself (which I did) and "only" earn 5 Activity Points. It's easier if I just remember that I burn less calories because my body runs more efficiently now than when I could burn 700 calories in 25 minutes on the elliptical. I also would rather have to work harder and not be 190+ pounds anymore, so I guess it evens out.

After the gym, I stopped at Subway to get my pre-dinner (aka lunch). I ordered my favorite (and only) sandwich. 6" Turkey on 9 Grain Honey Oat with pepperjack cheese, spinach, tomato, green pepper, red onion, cucumbers, black olives, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a small amount of sweet onion.

Subway Turkey Sandwich (with my fav fixins) + apples = 7.5 points

No comments: